Frequently asked questions
Does womb steaming really work?
There have been several case studies showing that vaginal steaming improves symptoms in over 90% of all gynecological problems and shows tremendous potential as an alternative to invasive medical procedures.
I recommend checking out this
FOURTH TRIMESTER VAGINAL STEAM STUDY which shows tremendous healing in women postpartum.
It has worked for me, my clients, and women all over the world for thousands of years.
One thing is for sure it won’t hurt to give it a try before any other surgeries or invasive procedures that traditional gynecology suggest.
What does vaginal steaming treat?
We cannot prove or claim that vaginal steaming treats any issues. That being said there have been testimonials and reports that steaming has improved syptoms such as:
· Menstrual Cramps
· Menstrual Clots Missing Periods
· Heavy Periods
· Short Menstrual Cycles
· Long Menstrual Cycles
· Irregular Menstrual Cycles
· Long Periods
· Short Periods
· Irregular Discharge
· Bacterial Vaginosis
· Yeast Infections
· Urinary Tract Infections
· Cervical Scar Tissue
· Cervical Polyps
· Ovarian Cysts
· Bartholin's Cysts
· Nabothian Cysts
· PCOS Fibroids
· Short Luteal Phase Anovulation
· Unexplained Infertility
· Blocked Fallopian Tubes
· Scar Tissue Inside the Uterus
· Back Pain
· Difficult Urination
· Emotional PMS Symptoms
· PMDD Sexual Trauma
· Postpartum Contractions
· Hemorrhoids Surgery Recovery
· Miscarriage Recovery
· Birth Control Harm Recovery
Please check the Steamy chick vaginal steaming
database with over 100 testimonials.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't steam?
NEVER STEAM DURING THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
Pregnancy (only for labor prep at 37 weeks)
Extremely Hot Weather
Burning Itch (See Herbal Soak)**
After Insemination (or IUI/IVF transfer) When Trying to Conceive
When Prone to Continual Heavy or Spontaneous Bleeding Between Periods*
IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS STEAM MAY CAUSE A REVERSAL OF THE PROCEDURE OR INTERVENTION
Patch Hormonal Birth Controls That Prevent Pregnancy by Thickening the Uterine Lining
SITUATIONS WHERE STEAMING IS OKAY
Hormonal Birth Control
Bacteria or Yeast Infections
High Blood Pressure
Herpes (must be very careful and mild)
Are there any scientific studies?
Unfortunately there are not many scientific studies. There have been around 9 studies conducted around the world, mostly in asian countries I recommend checking out the research page on Steamy Chicks website which shows a world map with references where steaming has been used, as well as the scientific studies done.
Does steaming have any side effects?
Steaming is a cleanse. Some of the possible cleanse detox signs include:
All of these signs are a normal part of the cleansing process and will go away once the cleanse is complete.
- The urge to urinate while steaming (It is a good idea to use the restroom before steaming)
- Brown discharge after steaming
- Increased clots or cramps during the period, increased dry cramps
- Increased irregular vaginal discharge (white, green, thick, clumpy)
- Emotional release, periods that come earlier or later than expected. Emotions are directly connected to our menstrual cycle and steaming has been known to cause emotions that have been buried to come out. I recommend meditating, journaling and or listening to music while steaming to connect to your womb space. This album called matriarch is nice to listen to, you can also find it on apple music.
What level of support do you provide?
I offer consultations which includes:
- 40 min zoom video consultation to review your menstrual cycle and other issues you may be dealing with
- Recommendations for herbs, setup, and frequency of pelvic steaming, if applicable.
- Recommendations on which supplies to purchase from me (not included in package price)
- “How to Set up a Steam, Smoke, and Soak” instructions and or educational videos
Period care guidelines
- Food therapy and lifestyle recommendations including how to live in sync with your cycle
- One month of virtual support (WhatsApp, or email, — your preference) while you implement your protocol
How do I set up a steam?
Step 1: Boil water in a pot
Step 2: Add 3 tbs of herbs to a clay or stainless steel pot (no teflon please)
Step 3: Cover the pot let steep for 10 min
Step 4: Place in the steam chair, remove the lid and then check the temperature make sure it is comfortable to the touch.
Step 5: Sit over to steam for 10 minutes.
Do any hospitals or OBGYNs use vaginal steaming?
Hospitals and medical practices where vaginal steam therapy is used
The Eudaimonia Center - OB/GYN practice that uses vaginal steam as a therapy for patients. Dr. Laurena White wrote this
blog about steaming and its benefits.
Atlanta Premier OB/GYN - Practice that uses vaginal steam as a therapy for patients.
Holistic Gynecology New York - OB/GYN practice that uses vaginal steam as a therapy for patients.
Dani Williamson Wellness - Family Nurse Practitioner center that uses vaginal steam therapy for patients.
KyungHee BoGung Korean Medicine Hosptial - Uses vaginal steaming for treating wide array of gynecological diseases.
Beijing Tongshantang of Traditional Chinese Medicine - Uses vaginal steam in cervical cancer treatments.
Dunsan Korean Medical Hospital of Daejeon University - Alternative Cancer Treatment Therapy involves vaginal steaming.
Czech Republic -- Used in the maternity wards to expedite labor and prevent perineal tearing.